Sweet Potato Salad – Healthy hack: Higher Fiber Than Regular Salad & Full of Antioxidants
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and cubed (about 2 lb.)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 tbsp. Avocado oil or Ghee (warm it up so it’s liquid)
- S & P
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley
Add these ingredients to a bowl
- 1 ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar.
- 3 tbsp. of water
- 1 tbsp. of maple syrup
- 1 heaping tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 big smashed chopped clove of garlic
- Salt & pepper & EBTB seasoning
Wisk away and then let it sit and let the ingredients mingle (like a dating site but better)
Feel free to get fancy with your own additions but the key point? 3:1 ratio of oil to vinegar.
Preheat oven to 400°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes and red onion in oil then season with salt and pepper.
Distribute them evenly on sheet in a single layer. Bake until tender, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a large bowl.
Toss sweet potatoes with dressing, cranberries, goat cheese, and parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe modified from @delish